Saturday, August 14, 2010

40 Weeks

WARNING! Long post below. :-)

Today is supposed to be our baby girl's birthday. But she is a little shy and a little comfortable inside my tummy so she has decided she'd like to delay the party. I hope that no one is too disappointed. I know that all of you are so excited to meet her and so are we! Since many of you have been wondering "how" we've been doing I thought I'd give a little update. We went to the doctor on Friday and I had progressed a little since last week but not much. I am only 1 1/2 cm and 70% effaced. For those of you are not sure what that means, when you actually deliver the baby you are 10 cm and %100 effaced. So needless to say I have a way to go. My doctor is wonderful and not pushy. He said he'd like to see me progress more on my own and I agree. So we've decided to give her one more week and if she doesn't come on her own she is being "evicted" on Monday the 23rd at 5:00 am. :-)

I'll be honest this last week has been a little stressful as we have been on pins and needles hoping she would come. On top of that I have had a lot of other things going on. I have still been working full-time, a sweet brother in our ward passed away on Tuesday so I have been helping to plan the funeral luncheon that took place yesterday and arrange meals to be taken into the family (all with the help of the amazing sisters in my ward of course!). Also the choir I am in has been holding auditions the last two weeks and I am the audition coordinator so I have been on email constantly scheduling and planning so everything would run smoothly. Needless to say by the time I got to Friday I was DONE! I was kind of an emotional mess (hormones!) and not to mention tired as well. My boss took one look at me (as I had tears streaming down my face. I know sad huh?) and said, "You're done. Take the rest of the day off.". I was SO grateful! And things just got better from there. A dear sweet friend of mine told me I needed to relax and breathe this weekend and focus on me. I kind of have a hard time slowing down because I thrive on being busy but I knew she was right. She somehow worked her magic and arranged for me to have a prenatal massage at the office of a friend who is a chiropractor and it was AWESOME and exactly what I needed. And as if things couldn't get better she also arranged for me to take a prenatal yoga class this morning at a local yoga studio where she has been doing some training to become an instructor. I was skeptical at first because I am not really a "yoga" person (not much flexibility in this body!) but it was INCREDIBLE and again exactly what I needed. I feel so relaxed now and know that I will be able to make it through this week regardless of what happens.

We are anxious and excited to meet this little girl but just want her to be healthy and strong. Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement these last nine months. We love you all and will keep you posted!

39 Weeks

40 Weeks

1 comment:

House of Smiths said...

Well... we're just happy that you're feeling relaxed and ready for this baby to come :)
I remember having to wait for the twins to be born and it seemed like an ETERNITY!
But no they are almost 5 and I just want them back to babies... with NO talking back. :)
jk.

We are THRILLED to meet this little girl. She already might have a stubborn streak like the Badger side, with her not wanting to come out. :)